COSTA by José Pedro Cortes
During the last years I often found myself returning to this magnetic place.
José Pedro Cortes
Costa da Caparica is a place, south of Lisboa - a strip of land that exists between the last stretch of civilization and the beach.
In COSTA, we wander through this territory: shacks, outmoded architecture, remains of houses, dirt left by the tide; an agglomeration of sand, vegetation and streets – a peripheral, end-of-the-line location. We are flooded by a strange luminosity; a dazzling and mysterious light which imbues these spaces with a disconcerting and unreal atmosphere, like something seen while in a hypnotic state, encouraging the spectator to participate in a suggestive and paradoxical exploration of individual experience.
* Included in Best books of 2013 for Le Monde. here
* Top 3 of 2013 for Michael Mack - The eyes magazine. here
* Review in 1000words Mag #17 (section: books). here
* Review by Colin Pantall. here
* Review by Adam Bell. here
Color & B/W
21 x 30.5 cm