Shot at night, with a medium format camera and a flash, often in jetlagged mode, the lobbies became Duarte’s personal territory. The absurd luxury of the places combined with the strangeness of the objects, and the absence of human presence, creates a strong dreamlike feeling. We are led through a labyrinth, as if floating.
Thia work is both an important document about the little seen reality of Casino’s in Macau today, and a very personal reflection about East and West, about how to relate to the world through photography.
Hardcover, 78 pages, color, 30 x 30 cm
* Photo-Eye --A Closer look (Eng). Read here
* A Photo editor (Eng). Read here
* Ipsílon, PÚBLICO (Por). Read here
* BEST BOOKS of 2011 for Photo Eye. Read here
* BEST BOOKS of 2011 for Pornocchio. Read here
For delivery to Japan visit Twelvebooks